The WEF & Climate Nexus
The WEF & Climate Nexus Center aims to be the beacon of research the MENA region and Africa in the water, energy, agriculture and climate nexus. The quality of its projects, its strategic partnerships with academic, institutional and industrial bodies, and its community of international researchers and faculty position it as a center of excellence.
The goal of the Center is to become an international reference in the water-energy-agriculture nexus and the relationship of the Nexus to climate. The Center’s research projects will be the subject of publications in international scientific journals and presented at international conferences that are specialized in the topics covered.
- Harvard Water Exchange Platform (pilot project in Marrakech) - the objective is to be able to enlarge the project in Marrakech and deploy it in other regions.
- Study of the different access rights for groundwater: reversing the depletion of water bodies (Rights based approach to groundwater-reversing depletion of Morocco's aquifers in Tensift and Oum Er Rbia).
- Feasibility study to implement sustainable fisheries across four regions of Morocco (Rights-based fisheries initiatives-Morocco).
- Life Cycle Analysis of CO2 Emissions from Sanitation Systems in Urban Sub-Saharan Africa / Life-Cycle Assessment (LCA) of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions for Sewered and Unsewered Sanitation Systems in Urban Areas of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Humidity ionization project – artificial precipitation.
- Simulation of solar energy usage at the minigrid level.
- Identification of financial solutions to ensure the sustainability of wind and solar fields
- Counter-erosion, soil stabilization, and identification of sustainable solutions adapted to road and mining infrastructures